The Student Room Group

Trinity Guildhall Referral due to suspected syllabus infringement

Hi, I have entered one of my students for the Grade 4 piano digital exam with Trinity Guildhall first time in my practice. I usually do ABRSM and RCM. So now they wrote me saying the submission has been referred to Trinity Guildhall London for suspected syllabus infringement.

I don't understand what that means. Have they failed my student? The recording was spot on and double-checked against their requirements—all elements present and in order. The quality of the performance would be a strong pass with ABRSM. So I have no idea what is going on. Has anyone had this experience? What should I expect? I wish I'd go with ABRSM as usual 🙁
Reply 2
Original post by Piano Teacher
Hi, I have entered one of my students for the Grade 4 piano digital exam with Trinity Guildhall first time in my practice. I usually do ABRSM and RCM. So now they wrote me saying the submission has been referred to Trinity Guildhall London for suspected syllabus infringement.

I don't understand what that means. Have they failed my student? The recording was spot on and double-checked against their requirements—all elements present and in order. The quality of the performance would be a strong pass with ABRSM. So I have no idea what is going on. Has anyone had this experience? What should I expect? I wish I'd go with ABRSM as usual 🙁

You'll need to query that with them.
Reply 3

Thank you for the link, gjd800. Trinity attached this very link to their email. However, the info there is very general, and none applies to my situation, as I know the submission ticked all the boxes. I wouldn't allow students to submit substandard or incomplete work, and I have filled in the supporting form myself to ensure it is all as it should be. So I am lost as to why it was referred and wanted to know whether anyone else was in this situation and how it was resolved.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
You'll need to query that with them.

I did that first. They sent me computer generated reply saying they didn't know and attached the same useless link again. That is why I am posting this question here.
Reply 5
I did that first. They sent me computer generated reply saying they didn't know and attached the same useless link again. That is why I am posting this question here.

No-one on here will know
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
No-one on here will know

What makes you think so?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 7
What makes you think so?

Most posters are students at school or uni. There are a few teachers but I've never heard of a music teacher on here.

Quick Reply

Latest