The Student Room Group

Transferring from international to Grammar school at mid-year 10

Hi, me and my family have been thinking of moving to the UK. I am 14 and would be going into year 10 as it is august right now. I have not applied for schools prior to this and im thinking of going to maybe a grammar school after christmas. I have top grades, but my question is would this transfer be possible considering i am going into year 10 (GCSE) in the middle of the year? If so are there any good schools for me? I am a girl by the way, but i would prefer to go to a mixed school since thats what i've always been used to. I also hold a swiss passport.Thanks!
Reply 1
Where in the UK are you moving to?
Reply 2
Original post by highbythebeachx
Hi, me and my family have been thinking of moving to the UK. I am 14 and would be going into year 10 as it is august right now. I have not applied for schools prior to this and im thinking of going to maybe a grammar school after christmas. I have top grades, but my question is would this transfer be possible considering i am going into year 10 (GCSE) in the middle of the year? If so are there any good schools for me? I am a girl by the way, but i would prefer to go to a mixed school since thats what i've always been used to. I also hold a swiss passport.Thanks!

I doubt there will be places and you'll have to sit tests. You won't have a free choice of GCSEs as some options will be full.
Original post by McGinger
Where in the UK are you moving to?

Would be London
Reply 4
Original post by highbythebeachx
Would be London

No Grammars in London as far as I am aware.

Quick Reply

Latest