The Student Room Group

Do my uni results matter from my home country?

I'm a Hungarian student who already spent one year in a Hungarian uni, but I want to discontinue my studies in Hungary and restart my studies in the UK from year 1.

When applying to UK universities, will I
1) need to do any extra procedures on the UK universities' side because of this or
2) is it fine if I just include my university results (or at least the ones I already have an evaluation from) along with my grammar school results or
3) does it not even matter to British universities how I did in the Hungarian uni since I'm not applying to year 2?

(sorry for writing this so weirdly, my situation is a bit all over the place and I tried to make it less convoluted and easier on the eye)
Reply 1
(Original post by Argentatou)I'm a Hungarian student who already spent one year in a Hungarian uni, but I want to discontinue my studies in Hungary and restart my studies in the UK from year 1.

When applying to UK universities, will I
1) need to do any extra procedures on the UK universities' side because of this or
2) is it fine if I just include my university results (or at least the ones I already have an evaluation from) along with my grammar school results or
3) does it not even matter to British universities how I did in the Hungarian uni since I'm not applying to year 2?

(sorry for writing this so weirdly, my situation is a bit all over the place and I tried to make it less convoluted and easier on the eye)

hello
As a Hungarian student applying to UK universities, you will generally need to go through the standard application process via UCAS. You should include your academic transcripts from both your Hungarian university and grammar school. While you are applying for Year 1, some universities may consider your previous academic performance for admission decisions and potential credit transfer. Providing your Hungarian university results can showcase your abilities and achievements, enhancing your application. However, the specific requirements may vary among universities, so it's crucial to thoroughly research their policies and contact their admissions offices for guidance on documentation and evaluation of your prior studies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending