The Student Room Group

Bath vs Nottingham

Business with placement year at Bath or Economics at Nottingham for IB and then HF/PE?
Hi there,

Deciding which university can be difficult as you must consider several aspects. What modules will you study at each? What is the city like? The nightlife? What kind of accommodation is offered? How do current students find it? Do you have good access to home?

First off since the courses are not the same you may want to look into what each of them will teach you. You can find out the bath structure here for business:

https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2023/business-and-management/bsc-business-with-two-six-month-work-placements/

You also want to look into the environment. I do not know much aboutNnottingham but i absolutely love Bath for a few reasons. For starters everything is on one campus, so you don’t have to worry about travelling around for lectures, which you may like or maybe prefer a city style. Bath is a beautiful city, very safe and everything you need within walking distance. It has a myriad of things to do in the day such as the cinema, axe throwing, escape room etc., plus a decent night life and if you’re looking for more excitement, Bristol is only ten minutes on the train.

Next is looking at accomodation. Personally i see this as both important and not so. While you want to be something with decent facilities and where you're comfortable, you will only be here for a year so at either univerisity you'll have the option in your following years to find your own suitable place. You can find out about accomodation here: https://www.bath.ac.uk/professional-services/student-accommodation/

You'll also want to be supported while there. Bath offers an incredible amount of student support from academic to financial to mental wellbeing. It also has 24 hour security in which you can call both emergency and non-emergency numbers and they are there to help you. You'll also be given personal tutors and mentors which assist in your course so you can ask them any and all questions you may have.

Finally, you'll want to have hobbies and interests outside your course. Have a look at the societies, clubs and facilities at both places. Bath i know has a lot of sports equuipment including pitches olympic swimming pool etc along with oer 300+ socities which you can join as many of for free.

Both universities have their merits so I am sure either would be a great choice. However, I have absolutely loved my time at bath and would recommend it to anyone thinking of applying.

I hope this helped!

- Sophie (uni of Bath)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending