The Student Room Group

Exchange Trip

Hey I’m meant to go on an exchange trip sometime in the future, I was wondering if anyone who has been on one and stayed with a family in the country, what was your experience like, was it good or bad? Just want to have a bit more insight as to what the trip is like.
Original post by Biele
Hey I’m meant to go on an exchange trip sometime in the future, I was wondering if anyone who has been on one and stayed with a family in the country, what was your experience like, was it good or bad? Just want to have a bit more insight as to what the trip is like.

Hey, I think you are about to have an exciting experience. I have not been to any exchange program, but have made a few friends who visited our school. Living with a new family in a different country is an immersive cultural experience. You'll have the opportunity to learn about their customs, traditions, language, and daily way of life. Among the likely things you'll have, is the chance to improve your language skills through daily conversations and interactions. You'll form new relationships with your host family members, who may become like a second family to you. These relationships can be incredibly meaningful. All in all, being an exchange student can be a transformative experience. You'll gain a deeper understanding of yourself, build resilience, and develop a broader worldview. Hope it works out for you :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Lord Grey matter
Hey, I think you are about to have an exciting experience. I have not been to any exchange program, but have made a few friends who visited our school. Living with a new family in a different country is an immersive cultural experience. You'll have the opportunity to learn about their customs, traditions, language, and daily way of life. Among the likely things you'll have, is the chance to improve your language skills through daily conversations and interactions. You'll form new relationships with your host family members, who may become like a second family to you. These relationships can be incredibly meaningful. All in all, being an exchange student can be a transformative experience. You'll gain a deeper understanding of yourself, build resilience, and develop a broader worldview. Hope it works out for you :wink:
Thank you! I will definitely go now, sounds like there is no reason to not go. :smile:
Original post by Biele
Thank you! I will definitely go now, sounds like there is no reason to no

There really is no reason. Wish I had the same opportunity :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest