The Student Room Group

Back to my old university with a 2.2

Will my university accept me if I had academic misconduct (unintentional plagiarism) and a 2.2 for a second degree???
Depends on the specific admissions policy of your uni.
Reply 2
Not sure if it is possible
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Depends on the specific admissions policy of your uni.

Yeah it might be possible but I hope I can get in because I am unlikely to get in somewhere else
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah it might be possible but I hope I can get in because I am unlikely to get in somewhere else

Just contact the uni's admissions team and ask whether they take previous academic conduct into account.

NB. Are you looking at a second undergrad degree? Will you be self funding?
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
Just contact the uni's admissions team and ask whether they take previous academic conduct into account.

NB. Are you looking at a second undergrad degree? Will you be self funding?

I'm looking at doing a master's degree and I will be funding most of it myself.
I'm looking at doing a master's degree and I will be funding most of it myself.

I'm involved in Master admissions and we wouldn't see conduct info for returning students. Only what's in the reference.

May vary from one institution to another.
Reply 7
Not sure if it is possible

I assume that's why you created the thread?
Reply 8
Original post by Quady
I assume that's why you created the thread?

Yes because I don't know if they would accept me but like Admit one said, it is possible. I just need to get a better grade this time if I am accepted.
Reply 9
Yes because I don't know if they would accept me but like Admit one said, it is possible. I just need to get a better grade this time if I am accepted.

Obvious question is why would you want to?

Like they'll merrily take your cash, but it sounds like a pretty miserable thing to put yourself through.
Reply 10
Original post by Quady
Obvious question is why would you want to?

Like they'll merrily take your cash, but it sounds like a pretty miserable thing to put yourself through.

To get a good grade and have self improvement. I will not make the same mistake as I did last time and I think that it would be easier for me to get a job with a master's degree.
Reply 11
To get a good grade and have self improvement. I will not make the same mistake as I did last time and I think that it would be easier for me to get a job with a master's degree.

Hang on, it's not another undergrad?

You might want to do some research as to the jobs you want and test whether a 2.2 and postgraduate masters would help in the jobs market.

But yeah, if it's just for self improvement then great stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending