The Student Room Group

St.Dominic or Michaela

Hi I have offers from both michaela community school and st dominic’s and I’m not too sure which one would have a better program for medicine and oxbridge. If anyone goes to either or has graduated…please give your opinion
I know quite a few people that went to both and let me just tell you...dont even think about Michaela. Unless you want to hate your life of course. St Dominics is really good, they have great teachers, friendly pupils and really impressive support when youre applying to university.
feel free to ask me any questions :smile:
Original post by AwesomeSid156
Hi I have offers from both michaela community school and st dominic’s and I’m not too sure which one would have a better program for medicine and oxbridge. If anyone goes to either or has graduated…please give your opinion

As someone who used to go St doms and has friends who went to michaela. Pick stdoms unless you want to go to a small prison. St doms is way bigger than michaela (which is a renovated office block) and has its own science building along with 3 other building. There is also no dress code at st doms. For medicine there are many meetings and UCAT preparations exams along with medicine related emails and Careers day where you can speak to around 30 universities including oxbridge.
Feel free to ask any more questions
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Georgia_xxxxxx
As someone who used to go St doms and has friends who went to michaela. Pick stdoms unless you want to go to a small prison. St doms is way bigger than michaela (which is a renovated office block) and has its own science building along with 3 other building. There is also no dress code at st doms. For medicine there are many meetings and UCAT preparations exams along with medicine related emails and Careers day where you can speak to around 30 universities including oxbridge.

Hi, what is their minimum average point score requirement? What if I achieve my inidividual grades but not the average point score?
Original post by current555
Hi, what is their minimum average point score requirement? What if I achieve my inidividual grades but not the average point score?

The average point is 6.5 however if you come from a feder school it is 6.2 and if your catholic it is 6.0. If you don’t get the average point score you should try contact them and they may still offer you a place. If you achieve your individual grades then you have a good chance of still being accepted
Reply 5
Original post by Georgia_xxxxxx

Thanks so much guys for the help…I also thought that st doms is a significantly better option

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending