The Student Room Group

Michaela or Wembley High Technology college

I am a student at Wembley high and I received sixth form offers from Michaela and Wembley high. My parents want me to go to michaela because of the high grades and because the a level results in Wembley high are getting worse but I'm not sure if it might be too strict for me and most of my friends are staying at Wembley high. Is it worth it or should I stay at Wembley high?
Reply 1
Original post by AarohiSheth
I am a student at Wembley high and I received sixth form offers from Michaela and Wembley high. My parents want me to go to michaela because of the high grades and because the a level results in Wembley high are getting worse but I'm not sure if it might be too strict for me and most of my friends are staying at Wembley high. Is it worth it or should I stay at Wembley high?
If you are focused on getting onto best university, your parents are right. It has its pros and cons: Michaela teachers put in lot of efforts in teaching and makes sure that students put in more than their capacity. Until secondary (GCSEs), school is very strict with detentions being given for very small things. Long term you see the benefits as those detentions have only inculcated life long good habits in students. I know of a friend who is in Michaela currently. Trust me their life is hell with studies but ultimately its all worth it when they see success at the end of A level. If you are willing to work hard, only then you should go to Michaela.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending