The Student Room Group

Taking GCSEs during A Levels

I want to go into medicine, but because I was home-schooled I was only able to do 4 GCSEs and 1 IGCSE. I'm not to sure I'll pass the IGCSE Chemistry as I really struggled to revise with my ADHD.

I'm going to take GCSE statistics in the summer as it really is not that difficult, but I'm not sure what else I can do. One of my A levels is marine science so I may do the CAIE IGCSE marine science. Do you think this is a good idea? My ADHD is getting better and I am now able to focus mostly better.
Rather than re-sitting and sitting extra GCSEs, why don’t you look at medical schools that don’t score GCSEs above a minimum requirement (usually a 6/B in maths and English)? Off the top of my head, I know that BSMS, Newcastle, and Imperial don’t score GCSEs.
Original post by CriticalMuppet
Rather than re-sitting and sitting extra GCSEs, why don’t you look at medical schools that don’t score GCSEs above a minimum requirement (usually a 6/B in maths and English)? Off the top of my head, I know that BSMS, Newcastle, and Imperial don’t score GCSEs.

Quick Reply

Latest