The Student Room Group

Medicine at the University of Northumbria

I was looking through medical courses and I came upon one which took place at Northumbria. I called up the department to find out more information but I wasn't filled with a large amount of hope as to whether it was a legitimate course or not. My main worry is that you do 3 years of basic science and only 2 years of clinical training when most other medical universities do 3 years of clinical training and so I don't know if an MBBS or MD degree will come out of it. Can anyone provide me with more information on if the course is adequate or is recognised by the GMC? Furthermore is there anyone who has graduated from here and can inform me more about it?
Reply 1
This is a pathway into St George’s University in Grenada. You won’t be studying in the UK for the majority of your time.
Reply 2
But the website said that two years are spent studying in the UK before you go off to spend 1 year abroad and then you comeback to do placements in either the UK or US?
(Original post by 『 』)But the website said that two years are spent studying in the UK before you go off to spend 1 year abroad and then you comeback to do placements in either the UK or US?

i was going to do this, so i spoke to them and the min you can spend outside of the uk ( which is what i wanted cos i wasn’t allowed out obvs) is 1 year in grenada, after seriously considering it i looked at prices and you get treated as an international because technically your going to a american uni and i can’t remember exactly how much but it was at least 5 times the amount you’d pay at a uk uni.

i asked the same question about it being recognised and it is apparently, cos you do the same 5 year med skl and then you can choose a hospital in the uk (if you want) to do your 2 years clinical training.

but if you don’t mind leaving and the cost i thought it was great. i would email/call them, they’re actually really helpful and explain everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending