The Student Room Group

year 11 transition

Hi me and my friend have a bet as to if he can improve his grades i am currently a grade 6 in all subjects and hes a grade 1-3 in all his is he hasnt even reached a 4 is it possible for him to get a grade 6 if he revises everyday from september to may and focuses in class
Original post by s_19969
Hi me and my friend have a bet as to if he can improve his grades i am currently a grade 6 in all subjects and hes a grade 1-3 in all his is he hasnt even reached a 4 is it possible for him to get a grade 6 if he revises everyday from september to may and focuses in class

Yeah I went from grade 2 in English to grade 7 in the real GCSE exam just in 9 months, and also grade 4 from 9 in science subjects.
Reply 2
Original post by lheeseung_05
Yeah I went from grade 2 in English to grade 7 in the real GCSE exam just in 9 months, and also grade 4 from 9 in science subjects.

what did you get in your last mocks just before gcsse
Original post by s_19969
what did you get in your last mocks just before gcsse

9 in sciences and 6's in both English lit and lang
Reply 4
Original post by lheeseung_05
9 in sciences and 6's in both English lit and lang

well done i just hope my friend can do it , we wanna go to the same college but he might not get accepted if he does not do well
Original post by s_19969
well done i just hope my friend can do it , we wanna go to the same college but he might not get accepted if he does not do well

Encourage him to do all the past papers out there for all the subjects he is taking and I recommend him to watch this guy called Mr Everything English on Youtube when it comes to revising English, that guy helped me improve a lot. I'm an international student who came to UK in 2021 and could barely communicate with others due to me knowing little English, so your friend should easily get a nine if he/she revise hard enough! Science as well I had no knowledge when I first came to UK so I used to copy off my friend's work in Year 10 all the time and get low grades, but when I decided to improve myself in Year 11, I could see improvements gradually and now I'm one of the best in my A level physics class. Consistency is the key when it comes to achieving high results, so it would be good to tell your friend even if he/she isn't seeing much improvements in short period of time, he/she will be able to see the change in long-term, and 9 months is more than enough to prepare for GCSEs!
Original post by s_19969

Of course it is more than possible..He could even fly to grade 9s..>Hard work and dedication is everything!
Good luck for both of you!
Reply 7
Original post by s_19969

Yes of course it’s possible, with the effort put in. I went from a 3 in English language in y10 to a 7/8 this year due to putting in the effort. I also found YouTubers very good, for English I’d recommend Mr Salles or Mr Everything English. I also jumped from foundation level maths in Y10 to being a grade 8/9 student in higher gcse maths, mostly due to committing to one hour of maths questions a day and also from using the gcse maths tutor as a YouTube channel

Quick Reply

Latest