The Student Room Group

any plans for the summer hoildays?

im currently in yr11 but not sure yet on what i will do
Original post by hurtinguser

For my summer (finished A-levels): bridging between school and university (Math and stats)

Includes firming the university (get that out of the way for planning)
Enrichment and extension in math and stat (A-level math is merely mathematical methods, I didn't learn much "real" math. Yes I've learnt topics in advance and in FM but there needs to be bridging).
Volunteering and other social activities (you could say a transition to university life).

And other personal things which I won't get into detail to not dox myself.
Original post by justlearning1469
For my summer (finished A-levels): bridging between school and university (Math and stats)

Includes firming the university (get that out of the way for planning)
Enrichment and extension in math and stat (A-level math is merely mathematical methods, I didn't learn much "real" math. Yes I've learnt topics in advance and in FM but there needs to be bridging).
Volunteering and other social activities (you could say a transition to university life).

And other personal things which I won't get into detail to not dox myself.

take a good break too :yep:
Well, I'm going on holiday so that's something to look forward to.
Reply 4
Half tempted to do a month in Portugal.
Going to Spain in at the end of June and most of July so I’m looking forward to that I seem to always go there but I just love my little house there.
Reply 6
Going on a holiday to Boracay!
Original post by justlearning1469
for my summer (finished a-levels): Bridging between school and university (math and stats)

includes firming the university (get that out of the way for planning)
enrichment and extension in math and stat (a-level math is merely mathematical methods, i didn't learn much "real" math. Yes i've learnt topics in advance and in fm but there needs to be bridging).

And other personal things which i won't get into detail to not dox myself.

why the hell have you not learnt real maths - you should be ashamed yourself - grow up!
Original post by parmezanne

FJKLD;A
Original post by parmezanne

Don't worry I'll spare some time for that!

I didn't spend all my time studying even under exam conditions - haven't even breached 6 hours for a long time, while having the whole day on my hands.

Original post by younblugsjd123
why the hell have you not learnt real maths - you should be ashamed yourself - grow up!

To be fair I did learn a bit of uni level math etc. but y'know before my foundation wasn't good enough. I did get SMC Gold and learnt a bit of BMO math before, but I don't know how much of it has stuck. I'll consolidate all of this over the summer
gonna read the 14+ books i saved for the summer, crochet, do some light reading for A2 , might travel and work on my russian and turkish (might start learning spanish)
Driving lessons, work on improving my diet
Reply 12
I'll be in Tenerife for a 2 weeks with friends.
Reply 13
I'm looking forward to buying my first car. But first I have to have all the costs calculated.
Original post by hurtinguser

I have made a year 11 group chat where I help with general advice exams and other sort of stuff if you are interested in joining the group chat let me know.
Original post by jonathanemptage
Going to Spain in at the end of June and most of July so I’m looking forward to that I seem to always go there but I just love my little house there.

luckyyy, wish i could go to spain
Original post by jonathanemptage

luckyyy, i wish i could go to SPain

Quick Reply

Latest