The Student Room Group

Santander can not verify 4 digit UCAS code?

Trying to transfer my bank account to a student bank account and require the 4 digit ucas code. However, after entering the code Santander state that they can not find it:

"We’ve been unable to find your details. Please check your UCAS code and check that the name at UCAS matches your name on your 1|2|3 Mini Current Account
If your name at UCAS appears different you’ll need to update it to match your current account before you can transfer your account"

Both names match so I am not sure what the problem could be?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Trying to transfer my bank account to a student bank account and require the 4 digit ucas code. However, after entering the code Santander state that they can not find it:

"We’ve been unable to find your details. Please check your UCAS code and check that the name at UCAS matches your name on your 1|2|3 Mini Current Account
If your name at UCAS appears different you’ll need to update it to match your current account before you can transfer your account"

Have you checked your full name, including middle names, etc?
Reply 2
Original post by martin7
Have you checked your full name, including middle names, etc?

I noticed that my UCAS application does not include my middle name (silly me). Is there any way to update that? I already sent said application and have been accepted into a uni.
Reply 3
I noticed that my UCAS application does not include my middle name (silly me). Is there any way to update that? I already sent said application and have been accepted into a uni.

UCAS appear to have a web form for this: https://www.ucas.com/forms/update-my-details-form

You'll also need to give your correct details to your university. You might be able to leave this to when you register, but they may need to see documentary evidence with your full name (e.g. birth certicate and/or passport and/or driving licence).
Reply 4
Original post by martin7
UCAS appear to have a web form for this: https://www.ucas.com/forms/update-my-details-form

You'll also need to give your correct details to your university. You might be able to leave this to when you register, but they may need to see documentary evidence with your full name (e.g. birth certicate and/or passport and/or driving licence).

Considering I only updated the name to include my middle name, they shouldn't care too much??
I've moved your thread to the student financial support area.
Reply 6
Considering I only updated the name to include my middle name, they shouldn't care too much??

Probably not, but ultimately they’ll have their own policies which they’ll need to follow and you’ll need to comply with.

Hi, I’m just wondering if you figured this out in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending