The Student Room Group

SFE and passport

I made an application originally without my passport as it was getting renewed. I was declined by student finance. I then got my passport and immediately tried to reapply. But, the website told me to send my passport to them.(“original document”) and so I called SFE via phone to double check.

SFE told me not to do this despite the website literally telling me to do this. And I was told by phone to take a picture of my passport and upload it to the website. Anyways, so I go to the SFE website and see there is a UK Passport details form I can fill out and send via post. It asks for passport number, customer reference number. Has anyone else sent this form off to UCAS via post and how long did it take for them to get it, respond to you and approve your application. I AM REALLY stressed now because I don’t want to start university without any money.

Thankyou!
Original post by Confusionn
I made an application originally without my passport as it was getting renewed. I was declined by student finance. I then got my passport and immediately tried to reapply. But, the website told me to send my passport to them.(“original document”) and so I called SFE via phone to double check.

SFE told me not to do this despite the website literally telling me to do this. And I was told by phone to take a picture of my passport and upload it to the website. Anyways, so I go to the SFE website and see there is a UK Passport details form I can fill out and send via post. It asks for passport number, customer reference number. Has anyone else sent this form off to UCAS via post and how long did it take for them to get it, respond to you and approve your application. I AM REALLY stressed now because I don’t want to start university without any money.

Thankyou!

Hi there, We can accept the passport details form or a clear uploaded picture of the passport to verify your Identity. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, We can accept the passport details form or a clear uploaded picture of the passport to verify your Identity. Thanks, Angela

Thanks for your response!
Do I do this digitally or via post?
Original post by Confusionn
Thanks for your response!
Do I do this digitally or via post?

Hi Confusionn,

Can you confirm if you're applying for an undergraduate or postgraduate course? Are you applying as a home student or EU student?

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending