The Student Room Group

Exam arrangements such as extra time as a private candidate

I have decided to resit some A-levels as a private candidate and I am unsure how to get my 50% extra time back as a private candidate as it expires in February. I haven’t got any official mental health diagnosis but I got tested by a child physiotherapist last year in school
Reply 1
I think you either have to be retested or get a doctors note to send to Ofqual or the exam boards for your chosen subjects as proof you'd need the extra time, not 100% sure but I assume its similar protocols as if you weren't sitting privately. It would probably be best to enquire about this to ofqual themselves through here, https://contact.ofqual.gov.uk/contact-ofqual/start
Original post by axelfryg11
I have decided to resit some A-levels as a private candidate and I am unsure how to get my 50% extra time back as a private candidate as it expires in February. I haven’t got any official mental health diagnosis but I got tested by a child physiotherapist last year in school

See response above this post!
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
See response above this post!

isnt this set by JCQ though?
Reply 4
Ofqual is England specific, you could always contact both
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by axelfryg11
isnt this set by JCQ though?

Checked google and found answers saying JCQ and Ofqual, but it looks like you'll have to be retested and send off the results to JCQ to see if you qualify.

Quick Reply

Latest