The Student Room Group

overlapping exam dates igcse

hi, so im a private candidate and pretty much arranging everything for myself. I'm taking M/J 2024.

1.What happens if i have two exams at the same time? (if thats even possible) Im taking two different boards, cie and edexcel so im quite worried.

2. What do subject variants mean?

3. When does cambridge release the exam schedule and when do i register in the centers?
(edited 11 months ago)
Your exam centre will be able to deal with clashes, don't worry.

I can't remember offhand when summer exam timetables come out. Not yet though.
1. That is the centre's responsibility so you don't gotta worry
2. There are 2 to 3 variants for one paper of any subject which is done so that a candidate suppose in the UK may not be able to discuss the question with a candidate perhaps in Singapore before that candidate has their exam in their favourable time. You will only get one variant for one paper during your exam based on your zone
3. Registration in January and schedule is released about one month prior or maybe a little earlier but yes not during January or February
Reply 3
okay thank u!
Reply 4
thank u smm :biggrin: also, these variants are from the same syllabus right? only difference are the questions in each paper? also will the center tell me which zone i am in? when are these variants usually given? sorry for asking a lot of questions im just rlly confused
Original post by furrowedbrows
thank u smm :biggrin: also, these variants are from the same syllabus right? only difference are the questions in each paper? also will the center tell me which zone i am in? when are these variants usually given? sorry for asking a lot of questions im just rlly confused

Yes same syllabus different questions. As for your zone that's like your location like Asia, Europe.. so you don't gotta worry about it. You just register and go take the exam 😊
You should solve some past papers online. As for "when variants are given", that's like your question paper you'll get during your examinations so they're not going to be given any earlier than that. So don't worry about it.
Reply 6
thank u smm i appreciate it. i get how variants work now lolz, thanks!!! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest