The Student Room Group

Hi everyone

What shall i do i got permanently excluded from school my gcses are in 2 mouths how would i do exams shall i apply for other schools ??
Original post by Saadssj
What shall i do i got permanently excluded from school my gcses are in 2 mouths how would i do exams shall i apply for other schools ??

You have two options.

1. Try to find another school that would be prepared to accept you. I think this will a challenge.

2. Register with the relevant exam boards as a private candidate (which really just means you're self-studying) and with a local exam centre to actually sit the exams. There will be a cost associated with this approach.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You have two options.

1. Try to find another school that would be prepared to accept you. I think this will a challenge.

2. Register with the relevant exam boards as a private candidate (which really just means you're self-studying) and with a local exam centre to actually sit the exams. There will be a cost associated with this approach.

What cost
Original post by Saadssj
What cost

Perhaps £200 or so per subject. Try searching for something like "exam centre private candidate fees" and the name of your local town/city to see what exam centres local to you will charge.

Actually, after having posted the above I realised that your local education authority probably has an obligation to educate you, even if you've been excluded. A quick check on-line reveals "Suspension and Permanent Exclusion from maintained schools, academies and pupil referral units in England, including pupil movement" which says, at paragraph 90, that "For permanent exclusions, the local authority must arrange suitable full-time education for the pupil to begin from the sixth school day after the first day the permanent exclusion took place." So that seems to be the way to cost - it'd certainly cost a lot less. (Note that there is an obligation on the headteacher to notify the local authority of the exclusion, so they may get in touch shortly anyway.)

Quick Reply

Latest