The Student Room Group

Medicine A Levels

Hi,

Just wondering whether my subject combination for A Levels is ok to enter medicine in Oxbridge and other 'good' unis for medicine

Biology - DEFINITE
Chemistry - DEFINITE
Maths - DEFINITE
Politics - (may change to geography)

I am really keen on politics, but not sure if this is ok for medicine. I may also change politics to geography (although very unlikely) if I have a sudden change of mind. Is this okay as well?

Thanks
(edited 8 months ago)
hey!
I think those options are great as med schools need chemistry as a must and biology but the third subject can be anything of your choice. I took psychology and one of my friends took history so any of those last three options are fine.

good luck!
Original post by 20aneely123
Hi,

Just wondering whether my subject combination for A Levels is ok to enter medicine in Oxbridge and other 'good' unis for medicine

Biology - DEFINITE
Chemistry - DEFINITE
Maths - DEFINITE
Politics - (may change to geography)

I am really keen on politics, but not sure if this is ok for medicine. I may also change politics to geography (although very unlikely) if I have a sudden change of mind. Is this okay as well?

Thanks

I would like to say first that all medical schools are good. Most A Level requirements are a mixture of Biology, Chemistry, Maths, physics, further maths… essentially sticking to the sciences for A Levels. Some specify biology, chemistry, ‘at least 2 sciences…’. Since your doing 4 A levels, and biology, chemistry and maths are included… you will be fine.
Reply 3
List of 2024 entry requirements - A level and GCSE - for all UK Medical Schools - https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/3060/uk-medical-school-entry-requirements-2024-entry.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest