The Student Room Group

A guy followed me home from the pub

Bit freaked out because when leaving the pub a guy was following me home most of the way, he would walk quicker when I walked quicker, luckily I got to the halls security and he quickly turned around and went away but it was a horrible feeling thinking he was gonna do something, should I report it?
It sounds like a prowler. It could even be a serial killer trying to get into the halls of residence like Ted Bundy did. I would definitely report it to the security staff. They will then catch him and take him to the police if he appears again.
Original post by Anonymous
Bit freaked out because when leaving the pub a guy was following me home most of the way, he would walk quicker when I walked quicker, luckily I got to the halls security and he quickly turned around and went away but it was a horrible feeling thinking he was gonna do something, should I report it?

You're the best judge of this situation, if you genuinely felt threatened then you should definitely report it.

Can you remember the route you took? Were there CCTV cameras or other witnesses? Can you remember the times you left the place and arrived back at your place? It's worth mentioning to the police as they may have had other complaints about similar behaviour. He could be harmless; he could be very dangerous... either way, by reporting it you're at least making people aware of him (IMHO, it's always best to air on the side of caution).

I would always recommend getting a taxi or travelling with someone else who's going in your direction whenever possible.. or at the very least stick to the main routes and avoid side streets whenever possible. But if you do find you're on your own, and you think you're being followed, call someone or at least pretend to be talking on the phone... you'll be far less vulnerable as the stalker will know that the person you're talking to would be a crucial witness if anything happened (and they can immediately raise the alarm, giving the police et al that critical golden hour).
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous
They will then catch him and take him to the police if he appears again.

A report is one thing but you may be overestimating the abilities of campus security here, I don't think they can manhandle or detain people off the street just for walking about.
Reply 4
If you felt threatened I would report it
OMG, that is so scary! I'm so scared of going to university now, eeekkk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending