The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

LJMU

Hi there, What kind of accommodation is recommended for an international student. I will be reaching at liverpool john moore university by the 18th of September and need best suggestion.
1. As the student accomodation is shared based and charging around 80 pound per week but bathrooms are being shared.
2. Ensuites are around 120 pound per week.
3. I was thinking of living with a female in a studio apartment. Isn't studio apartment a better option?
I didnt want to do 42 week contract before having a clear picture. What should I do?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there, What kind of accommodation is recommended for an international student. I will be reaching at liverpool john moore university by the 18th of September and need best suggestion.
1. As the student accomodation is shared based and charging around 80 pound per week but bathrooms are being shared.
3. I was thinking of living with a female in a studio apartment. Isn't studio apartment a better option?
I didnt want to do 42 week contract before having a clear picture. What should I do?

Hi! Deciding where to live can feel really overwhelming. It's important to think about what your budget is compared to what facilities and amenities you want - you can use our accommodation search tool and filter by amenities. If you are happy sharing a bathroom then this accommodation can be a cost-effective choice.

Why not ask where people have chosen to live via Campus Connect? There you will be able to hear from your peers about what decisions they have made this year.

Please be aware that whilst guests are permitted, you are not allowed to share accommodation, so having an additional tenant in a studio apartment would not be allowed.

See you soon!

Charlotte

Liverpool
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,
It's entirely up to you which kind of accommodation you decide to go for. I would consider what your preferences are. Studios are nice in that you have your own self contained space. Ensuite shared flats are great on the other hand if you'd like to share living space with others but still have your own ensuite bathroom. I'd highly recommend looking at your options, including private accommodation and making a decision that suits you.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending