The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science BMs Oxford

Hi everyone, I really want to go to Oxford to study Biomedical Sciences. I find the prospect of learning about the human body in depth really interesting - physiology disease etc but not genes and genetics.

Hence I was looking at the other course topics and thought that neuroscience seemed pretty interesting although I never thought about it before.

Applications are 2 months away- do you think it would be good idea to write my personal statement on neuroscience and read books/watch lectures etc on it? Also, granted that you can graduate with an Msc in Neuroscience I thought it would increase my chances. Or should I stick to Physiology/the body despite my disinterest in Genetics?
Not everyone is expected to like everything about a course, but who knows you may get to really like genetics as well. People writing their personal statements can either take a general approach 'I like biomedical sciences', or focus on a particular aspect 'I'm really interested in physiology...'. There's no rule about which is the best option. You just need to get across your enthusiasm for the subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending