The Student Room Group

worth resitting if i got a 6?

i got my gcse results today and alhamdulillah i got 7+ in everything except for english langauge. i am an aspiring med student, i plan to do bio, chem and maths next year for a levels. i am worried that the 6 may be an issue when applying for med schools later. i got 6 and the mark in the middle of a 6 and 7. idk what i should. do i resit or leave it?
Leave it and focus on your A levels as they will matter much more and you don't want the distraction of a retake.

(and congratulations on your excellent results!)
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by ayc33
i got my gcse results today and alhamdulillah i got 7+ in everything except for english langauge. i am an aspiring med student, i plan to do bio, chem and maths next year for a levels. i am worried that the 6 may be an issue when applying for med schools later. i got 6 and the mark in the middle of a 6 and 7. idk what i should. do i resit or leave it?

First of all, congratulations!! :woohoo:

I think leaving it should be fine, most medical schools require at least 6 for English Language and Maths GCSE as far as I'm aware.

Have a look at this for entry requirements and click the GCSEs tab under each medical school to find out GCSE specific entry requirements:
https://www.medschools.ac.uk/studying-medicine/making-an-application/entry-requirements-for-2024-start#:~:text=The%20standard%20offer%20is%20A,receive%20an%20offer%20of%20ABB.
Reply 3
thank you so much and for the advice, i appreciate it so thank you again!😁

Original post by totallyfine
Leave it and focus on your A levels as they will matter much more and you don't want the distraction of a retake.

(and congratulations on your excellent results!)
Reply 4
thank you!! and thank you very much for the link i really needed it to calm my nerves🥲🥲

Original post by KA_P
First of all, congratulations!! :woohoo:

I think leaving it should be fine, most medical schools require at least 6 for English Language and Maths GCSE as far as I'm aware.

Have a look at this for entry requirements and click the GCSEs tab under each medical school to find out GCSE specific entry requirements:
https://www.medschools.ac.uk/studying-medicine/making-an-application/entry-requirements-for-2024-start#:~:text=The%20standard%20offer%20is%20A,receive%20an%20offer%20of%20ABB.
Original post by ayc33
thank you!! and thank you very much for the link i really needed it to calm my nerves🥲🥲

No worries at all, please go celebrate - you did amazing!
#BeResultsProud!
:party:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending