The Student Room Group

BCC predicted grades academic comeback?

Now with almost 4 months to go till the start of A-levels, I'm stuck on predicted grades BCC in computing, maths, and physics. I've barely started revising and I wouldn't say I'm the brightest student either so leaving revision till even later probably isn't the best idea. Would it still be possible to turn these grades around? What are grades that I could realistically achieve with hard work from now?
(edited 3 months ago)
If you start revising now id think you could achieve ABB
Original post by Y12EC
Now with almost 4 months to go till the start of A-levels, I'm stuck on predicted grades BCC in computing, maths, and physics. I've barely started revising and I wouldn't say I'm the brightest student either so leaving revision till even later probably isn't the best idea. Would it still be possible to turn these grades around? What are grades that I could realistically achieve with hard work from now?

Read the chief examiners reports, study the mark schemes and do as many past papers as you possibly can find. 🙂
Original post by Y12EC

You can turn the grades around with some work.

I would advise regulalry doing past papers - getting a parent or other person to objectively grade them (to try to remove a self bias) - and then trying to polish out areas in where you are coming up short.

I would highly suggest trying your hardest - I was very lazy at my A-Levels and while things still turned out well for me in terms of being able to get a good job (more so thanks to the power of Asian nepotism than anything else), I wish I tried harder.

When I was looking at places to do my degree - I quickly realised that finding places that will take you to do resits of A-Levels is a pain and that doing a foundation year will make your debt much more.

So by trying now - you can negate some pain later.

Quick Reply

Latest