The Student Room Group

OCR CS or EDEXEL History

Which gcse option is less harder ik there both are but have to pick one which should I go for and btw I wanna be a pharmacist and I’ve already picked my GCSEs except this have to pick one of these and idk which one to go for I hate both history is boring just full of essays about old stuff and computer science is a lot of stuff and hard so which should I go for and which will be more helpful if wanna become a pharmacist which would you pick if was in my situation and position from the info I wanna become a pharmacist and the exam boards of each from my title thanksss???
Reply 1
it depends. I did both for my gcses

Edexcel History comes down to a lot of memorisation, application and learning a lot of knowledge. Requires tremendous practice and is kinda tormenting
OCR COmputer Science is renowned for its hellish programming paper. Compsci requires less of the knowledge, but you need be real good at programming to ace paper 2

if you like a particular subject more, choose that. but for me, I wd choose our compsci
Reply 2
I think I’m gonna pick Computer Science because History you have to write a lot of essays and lot of content and memorisation and plus is hard and Computer Science like you said a lot of programming I will revise so don’t worry but also has a lot of job opportunities compare to history and that’s what I like bc I want to choose subjects that have bright job opportunities like Computer Science,Business Studies,Triple Science (CHEMISTRY,BIOLOGY,PHYSICS) and Mathematics all of these have powerful job opportunities and degree that I could go into which will think about but what do you think???

Original post by chilapilli
it depends. I did both for my gcses

Edexcel History comes down to a lot of memorisation, application and learning a lot of knowledge. Requires tremendous practice and is kinda tormenting
OCR COmputer Science is renowned for its hellish programming paper. Compsci requires less of the knowledge, but you need be real good at programming to ace paper 2

if you like a particular subject more, choose that. but for me, I wd choose our compsci

Quick Reply

Latest