The Student Room Group

GCSE

Guys I'm going to re-sit my GCSE to get good grades and then do A levels in Biology Chemistry and Psychology... If I get A's at A levels and GCSE will I still get into medicine at a good uni like Oxbridge despite I will have sat my GCSE again? Do they just look at good grades and not if you sat GCSE again? Also, I was an international student who moved to the UK in Year 10... Also, do they mind your age if you're older than 18?
Please let me know
Thank you very much
Reply 1
Original post by enthjmk5e664
Guys I'm going to re-sit my GCSE to get good grades and then do A levels in Biology Chemistry and Psychology... If I get A's at A levels and GCSE will I still get into medicine at a good uni like Oxbridge despite I will have sat my GCSE again? Do they just look at good grades and not if you sat GCSE again? Also, I was an international student who moved to the UK in Year 10... Also, do they mind your age if you're older than 18?
Please let me know
Thank you very much

Doing Re-sits will not affect ur ability to get into Cambridge or oxford and you will still get in as it is not something they look at. There is no age requirement to study at those unis either and will accept people of all ages based on their grades.

However, medicine at said unis is a highly applied to course and is very competitive. The unis will look at grades and interview you so it may be worth finding some volunteer work at a hospital.
You may have to look at their entry requirements and email to see if they accept.
They’re both very competitive unis and degrees.
But all you can do is try and see what happens:smile:. But it doesn’t really matter where you study Med because you will still get the same qualification.
Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest