The Student Room Group

I have no idea what career I want to do what a level combos keep options open?

Poll

I have no idea what career I want to do what a level combos keep options open?

I don't really "enjoy" any subjects at school apart from French and maybe biology so for now I have put down:
French
Biology
Psychology
because I want to go to university I'm just not sure what degree yet.
Also do you have any advice on how to find the right degree?
Original post by rose1417
I don't really "enjoy" any subjects at school apart from French and maybe biology so for now I have put down:
French
Biology
Psychology
because I want to go to university I'm just not sure what degree yet.
Also do you have any advice on how to find the right degree?

Hi,

I would suggest doing at least 2 A-levels that you actually enjoy. You may end up deciding on different careers throughout your a-levels so I see why you want to keep your options open. Most careers don't really look at A-levels, which is why I would suggest looking to do ones you enjoy as you will be more motivated to study them, therefore perform better in them.

I studied Psychology at A-level and really enjoyed it. I also did business and Design Technology alongside. Now I study Psychology at university and hope to continue it into postgraduate studies to pursue a career in research.

Degree wise, look at modules to see what peaks your interest. I would also watch YouTube videos of people who have enjoyed/not enjoyed their degree. Attend open days too, this way you can talk to staff or students who can give more personal advice to see if that is the degree for you. Also, make note of what interests you day to day e.g. in the news. Do the political stories interest you, psychology research, biology research etc.

I hope this helped. Let me know if you have any more questions and I would be happy to talk more about choosing the right degree for you or anything else. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest