The Student Room Group

How to manage A levels when commuting

I live quite far from the college I attend - the journey is around 1.5 hours on bus (I really regret this now).
I’m going into year 13, and found that during year 12, I would come home really tired due to the commute and so wouldn’t do much revision after school, which affected by grades a lot. I’ve tried revising on the bus but it doesn’t really work for me. I want to do well in my A levels this year but i’m unsure how to stay on top of everything due to the long commute.
Does anyone have any advice?
Reply 1
I just finished year 13 and also had a 1.5 hour bus journey. I would sometimes look at flashcards on the bus, but it was hard to do any proper revision so I mostly just relaxed. I was also too tired to revise when I got home, so I had to adjust my sleep schedule and revise a bit before college. Also used most of my free periods to revise. I recommend that or maybe you could nap when you get home.
Hi there ! I don’t know of this helps but is it quite noisy on your bus ? If so maybe get some noise cancelling earphones or something so you don’t get a headache .. try and relax on the bus if possible and then maybe eat+ nap at home .. after you can hit the revision ! Good luck for your a levels x

Quick Reply

Latest