The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

is Hertfordshire university is better then Middlesex in Cybersecurity

I am a international student and want to study MSc from Uk help me out please I am bit nerves to choose.
Original post by Brocode7
is Hertfordshire university is better then Middlesex in Cybersecurity
I am a international student and want to study MSc from Uk help me out please I am bit nerves to choose.

How are you defining "better"? Using what criteria?

Better student satisfaction? Better quality of teaching? Better accommodation? Better location (including access to airports, as you're international)? Better sports facilities? Better social life? Better graduate salaries? Higher ranking in league tables (which combine a variety of different factors)? Lower drop-out rate? More degrees at 2:1 or above? Higher proportion of international students? Something else?
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
How are you defining "better"? Using what criteria?

Better student satisfaction? Better quality of teaching? Better accommodation? Better location (including access to airports, as you're international)? Better sports facilities? Better social life? Better graduate salaries? Higher ranking in league tables (which combine a variety of different factors)? Lower drop-out rate? More degrees at 2:1 or above? Higher proportion of international students? Something else?

better in Cybersecurity course and market demand after graduation?
better in Cybersecurity course and market demand after graduation?

Well, there isn't a huge amount of data published on postgraduate courses, so I'm going to have to use undergraduate courses as a proxy (on the assumption that if they teach the undergraduate course well, they'll probably teach the postgraduate course well too).

I would say that based on the published data for Computer Networks and Security BSc at Middlesex University, Cyber Security and Digital Forensics BSc (Hons) at Middlesex University and Computer Science, Cyber Security and Networks BSc (Hons) at University of Hertfordshire, that Hertfordshire is "better" based upon the criteria you have defined.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
Well, there isn't a huge amount of data published on postgraduate courses, so I'm going to have to use undergraduate courses as a proxy (on the assumption that if they teach the undergraduate course well, they'll probably teach the postgraduate course well too).

I would say that based on the published data for Computer Networks and Security BSc at Middlesex University, Cyber Security and Digital Forensics BSc (Hons) at Middlesex University and Computer Science, Cyber Security and Networks BSc (Hons) at University of Hertfordshire, that Hertfordshire is "better" based upon the criteria you have defined.

sounds great thankx for your help sir.

Hi there,
It's great that you're looking at Herts for postgraduate study.
Do you know the specific course that you're interested in? You can find our postgraduate courses and register for info and updates from our website.
Hope this helps but do let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications Team
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi there,
It's great that you're looking at Herts for postgraduate study.
Do you know the specific course that you're interested in? You can find our postgraduate courses and register for info and updates from our website.
Hope this helps but do let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Gaynor
UH Marketing Team

its MSc cybersecurity but need to know do you accredited with NCSC for this course
its MSc cybersecurity but need to know do you accredited with NCSC for this course

Hi there,
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Our MSc Cyber Security is accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute of IT for the purposes of partially meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional. Find full details on the BCS accreditation here.
Hope this helps - please visit our course page and/or let us know if you have any other questions.
All the best,
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications Team
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending