The Student Room Group

should i retake gcse maths? I NEED OF AN URGENT ANSWER

i got a 4 in maths and i was 2 marks away from a 5 and i need a 6. i did foundation maths and got a 4. should i re take maths and do the higher paper even though i have not studied higher tier maths. i think its best if i teach it to my self. do you think its a good idea? should i re take or no?
Reply 1
YH, retake it
Reply 2
If I am being honest it’s fairly easy to get a grade 6 in maths ( trust me bro I didn’t revise at all and I got a good grade) .
If my fat ass can get it then so can u mf.
Anyways, if u retake, u have to do the exam next year which me u have a lot of time….use that time wisely ….
Watch ALL of GCSE maths tutor video and u are guaranteed a good grade..
Oh YH after watching a topic on his channel go do topic related questions. After finishing all the topic do past papers ( in exam style).
Mark the papers and check where u went wrong.
Keep a file of the questions u got wrong and retry them until u get it right.

Btw…if u ever need any resources ask me, my skl gave me like books after book on specific topic (+ they are exam style and are also from past papers )….and yhh all the pages are blank cz I didn’t do any **** but I can take pictures and upload it for u lol…
Anyways, good luck mf
Reply 3
Lol this may be a bit personal but r u going to a sixth form in London…..asking for a friend…
Reply 4
Original post by Abyannn
i got a 4 in maths and i was 2 marks away from a 5 and i need a 6. i did foundation maths and got a 4. should i re take maths and do the higher paper even though i have not studied higher tier maths. i think its best if i teach it to my self. do you think its a good idea? should i re take or no?

I'm in the same situation as you. I'm conflicted between retaking foundation or higher maths 😭 Did you retake it?

Quick Reply

Latest