The Student Room Group

should i go to oxford open day

it's quite far and the train tickets are expensive so is it really worth going? i definitely want to apply but i figured there's plenty of information about the application process, the course i want to apply for, life at oxford, etc. online anyways so should i go or not?
It depends what you want to get out of the open day

If you already know you 100% want to apply, maybe you could go to an offer holder day if you get an offer?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
it's quite far and the train tickets are expensive so is it really worth going? i definitely want to apply but i figured there's plenty of information about the application process, the course i want to apply for, life at oxford, etc. online anyways so should i go or not?

It's far from necessary to make an application, though it is nice to see the department/college/city. Should you apply and be made an offer, then most colleges are now doing "offer holder days" prior to starting. What subject are you interested in? There's plenty of resources online these days.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Yes you should go.If you are planning to spend 3 or 4 years of your life there then I think it is a good idea to go and look around and get a feel for different colleges .We went to all of son's and daughter's choices and can honestly say you have no idea until you visit whether you will like it or not.Certsinly we had a few that were crossed off the list after open days.We had never been to Oxford before the open day and I was sceptical about son applying before we went.Visit totally changed my mind.Not all colleges do open days either.
i would go to feel the atmosphere of the colleges, get to know the people there, and see if it is a college i would like to apply to

i believe the price of a train ticket is small compared to what you will learn about the colleges' atmosphere

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending