The Student Room Group

open day

can you book in for a talk on your preferred subject ie Economics? And how strict is entry requirements?
Original post by Irenegcse
can you book in for a talk on your preferred subject ie Economics? And how strict is entry requirements?

I assume you're talking about a specific university. If so, which one?

If you're asking generally, then the answers (generally) would be "yes, normally" and "quite" in that order.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
I assume you're talking about a specific university. If so, which one?

If you're asking generally, then the answers (generally) would be "yes, normally" and "quite" in that order.

sorry I should have been specific. Im booking in for Leicester open day and would like to book in for a talk but seems I can only book for the day. am I able to as im looking to do economics and politics, BA.
Original post by Irenegcse
sorry I should have been specific. Im booking in for Leicester open day and would like to book in for a talk but seems I can only book for the day. am I able to as im looking to do economics and politics, BA.

The programme for Leicester's open day is here. It lists:

a "Welcome to Economics at Leicester" talk at 11:15am - 11:45am at Brookfield, Lecture Theatre 1,
a "Welcome to Economics at Leicester" talk at 1:45pm - 2:15pm at Brookfield, Peter Jackson Lecture Theatre, and
a "Politics Taster Lecture: Should there be another Brexit referendum?" taster lecture at 1:45 - 2:15pm at Bennett Building, Lecture Theatre 8.

Given that they don't provide the opportunity to book any of the above sessions, one has to assume that you just pitch-up at the appointed time.

Universities which expect more attendees than they can accommodate often require you to book for individual sessions. If the don't predict an issue with numbers, then making you book for individual sessions isn't necessary.

You might want to arrive at each session early if you're keen to attend, just in case the room fills-up. I've certainly been at open days when there have been so many people walking single-file into a huge lecture theatre, that the talk had already begun by the time I got inside. I've also seen people being turned away because there wasn't sufficient space. I've no idea how busy any of the above sessions will be. (Note that two of them clash.)

You might also like to join a "School of Business Tour" (Brookfield Campus) any time between 10:00am and 4:00pm, visit the Information Fair (Centenary Square) any time between 10:00am and 3:15pm, or attend one of the many other general sessions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending