The Student Room Group

Open days for confirmed applicants?

Do most uni's have open days for confirmed applicants, or is it mainly for in advance of even applying?
Original post by Macauley1802
Do most uni's have open days for confirmed applicants, or is it mainly for in advance of even applying?

Hey!

Yes most universities do offer these events, sometimes call applicant days or offer holder days, but it does vary from each university. There may be some more during the summer but they are usually from Feb - June and then it will be open days for the next recruitment year but there shouldn't be any reason you can't attend a normal open day to have another look around! :smile:

most unis offer offer holder days or taster days! i did an offer day for my firm choice- and we had a day of lectures/seminars/tours and a paid for lunch as preparation for what it'll be like there, as well as a meet and greet with the professors! i believe some of the accommodation was open too, like it would be for open days, for us to look at. it's definitely worth doing if your uni offers it!

i did also attend an open day after i had already applied and gone to said offer day just for extra clarity and to get my barings. it's good to go as many times as you can to get used to where you're going to be living i believe :smile:
Reply 3
Applicant Visit Days or Offer Holder Days are usually held in the Spring Term for those who have already been made an offer at that Uni - they are like mini-open days just for that subject, but dont have all the bells & whistles of a Big Open Day so you wont get tours of accommodation etc.

If you missed the Open Days and want to see a specific Uni before you apply, you might be able to do a simple guided tour = check on the Uni website or phone the Admissions office.

Hey there @Macauley1802 !
When I was applying, there was still open days you could attend even after I'd confirmed. It's mostly to suit people who may not have been able to make it on some of the dates, or even for anyone that may have more questions after they've confirmed. I went to one open day when I was looking for what course to pick, then after I'd confirmed I went back to look round the university again but also to check out some of the accommodations in the area and get a tour of campus. There's no harm in going to more than one and they don't put any restrictions on who can go. They're just a set amount of dates throughout the year.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending