The Student Room Group

Glencore 2023

*************EDIT********************
Ive just realised I've titled this discuss 'Glencore 2023' when it should be 'Glencore 2024'. So sorry for the confusion. Use this thread for the Glencore 2024 intake!

Hey guys I have recently got an interview with Glencore for their Finance Graduate role. Can anyone give me any advice on the interview process are most questions competency based.
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I’m applying to the commercial role and was wondering if the recruitment processes are similar in our programmes. Did you do a presentation/networking event and if you did how was it? What was it like?
Reply 2
Original post by Missy2
Hi, I’m applying to the commercial role and was wondering if the recruitment processes are similar in our programmes. Did you do a presentation/networking event and if you did how was it? What was it like?

Hey I've just realised that I have titled this discussion 2023 instead of 2024, so sorry for the confusion. So far Ive completed the online assessment and have been invited for an online interview. How about you?
Reply 3
Original post by Coolgyal19999
Hey I've just realised that I have titled this discussion 2023 instead of 2024, so sorry for the confusion. So far Ive completed the online assessment and have been invited for an online interview. How about you?

I’ve applied and done the online assessment/video. I was successful and invited to a networking event which is also assessed. I suppose the hiring process is different depending on the role you apply for
Reply 4
Original post by Missy2
I’ve applied and done the online assessment/video. I was successful and invited to a networking event which is also assessed. I suppose the hiring process is different depending on the role you apply for

what type of questions were you asked for your video interview
Reply 5
Hey guys, what was the online assessment like? What types of questions were used? TIA :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by jwt2002
Hey guys, what was the online assessment like? What types of questions were used? TIA :biggrin:

A range of non-verbal reasoning, verbal reasoning and some numerical. Honestly thought I had failed but I managed to pass to the next stage. So dont be too stressed if you don't feel to confident about it. Took them 5 days to get back to me once completed. Practice the SHL tests. There's also a practice test once you start so you can get the gist of it
Reply 7
A range of non-verbal reasoning, verbal reasoning and some numerical. Honestly thought I had failed but I managed to pass to the next stage. So dont be too stressed if you don't feel to confident about it. Took them 5 days to get back to me once completed. Practice the SHL tests. There's also a practice test once you start so you can get the gist of it

Thanks so much!! Best of luck with your interview!
Reply 8
Any updates on anyone's application? Im just waiting to hear back from my HR interview
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 9
Any updates on anyone's application? Im just waiting to hear back from my HR interview

Nope. I had an interview and haven’t heard back for about a week now and the assessment day is meant to be in a few days. I’m taking it as a sign I didn’t pass.
Original post by Missy2
Nope. I had an interview and haven’t heard back for about a week now and the assessment day is meant to be in a few days. I’m taking it as a sign I didn’t pass.

Oh really how do you know the assessment is in a few days?
Original post by Missy2

Maybe they're holding multiple assessment days? I know at the end of my interview. The interviewer said that they'll get back to me in a couple of weeks, so I shouldn't stress if I haven't heard back from them right away
Reply 12
Maybe they're holding multiple assessment days? I know at the end of my interview. The interviewer said that they'll get back to me in a couple of weeks, so I shouldn't stress if I haven't heard back from them right away

They told us the whole schedule and time frame. For my role there’s defo only one assessment day.
Reply 13
Hey guys! Im not finding any good info with Glencore’s Commercial Graduate Program Salaries.. Im based in the UK. Does anyone know what the starting salary of range?
Original post by Missy2

Are you going to the networking event tomorrow?
Reply 15

Hey, did you ever hear back on this application? I had my assessment day for the Finance programme just under 2 weeks ago. They emailed me last Monday to say they'll be in touch soon but haven't heard anything yet...
All the best
Hi has anyone had any next steps since the networking event on the 17th of Oct for commercial analyst role, either in risk or in trading analytics
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by davesmith3223
Hi has anyone had any next steps since the networking event on the 17th of Oct for commercial analyst role, either in risk or in trading analytics

No, still not heard anything back yet from it
Original post by Balgove King
No, still not heard anything back yet from it

Sounds likely like a rejection i haven't heard anything either but it's strange radio silence
If anyone else in the forum can confirm they've completed / received next steps, that would be appreciated!
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by davesmith3223
Sounds likely like a rejection i haven't heard anything either but it's strange radio silence
If anyone else in the forum can confirm they've completed / received next steps, that would be appreciated!

I don't think it's a rejection, at the event I asked HR and they said it'd be 2 or 3 weeks until we heard back. It took them over a month to respond after doing the presentation and tests

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending