The Student Room Group

Revision Methods

I cannot think of very many good ways to revise, I've never learnt how and always end up getting bored and going on my phone. Any good revision methods?
Hey! I use flashcards and do quizzes online. You can go on Seneca, it's a really good website for revision. There is also Physics and Maths Tutor (I highly recommend it!). From PMT you can get any past papers from any subject. There are also flashcards, notes, diagrams and many more resources that could help you. Finally, try and be more motivated. Search for some videos on Youtube about study motivation, you'll get loads. There are also channels that are made for study motivation. Try and set some goals and be more disciplined, maybe that will help as well. Good luck!
Original post by roxieej444
I cannot think of very many good ways to revise, I've never learnt how and always end up getting bored and going on my phone. Any good revision methods?

Hi @roxieej444,

I don't know what GCSE'S you could be doing but some examples of different revision methods you could use are below:

Maths
For maths I definitely recommend mathswatch as this goes through how to work out questions and gives practice questions as well - for maths I find you have to do practice questions to make sure you are understanding the overall method for some of the topics.
I would recommend maybe asking your maths teacher if they have any resources/past papers you could use and also any mark schemes along with that as this can usually show what the examiner is looking for and allows you to get use to the exam style questions.

English Literature
Mr Bruff (found on YouTube) - he also does videos for English Language as well which could be useful.
Learn details on the characters and themes and if you have time make essay plans for this - I found this very useful as it builds your knowledge as you write them and then as it gets closer to the exam you have plans that you can learn rather than loads of quotes and notes that don't actually work together.
Practice exam style questions - this will be useful for all your subjects as getting use to the format and how to answer them will make it much easier when it gets round to the actual exam.

English Language
Reading - this can help broaden your vocabulary.
Look on SENECA this is a great way of revising and provides information on lots of different subjects.

Science
Freesciencelessons (found on YouTube) - is meant to be great.
Try and learn the different experiments.

Some examples of ways to revise:

Flashcards

YouTube Videos

Mindmaps

Essay Plans

Practice Papers/Questions

Look into the Pomodoro method

Mnemonic

Hopefully some of those examples and ideas will have helped.

Good Luck!

Rebecca
3rd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student

Quick Reply

Latest