The Student Room Group

How to choose a college in Oxford

Im supposed to choose a college for my UCAS application to Oxford . but I genuinely have no idea which to choose and what the recruitment process is for colleges.
pls help
Original post by spam44
Im supposed to choose a college for my UCAS application to Oxford . but I genuinely have no idea which to choose and what the recruitment process is for colleges.
pls help

Start by using this to narrow down your selection of colleges: http://apply.oxfordsu.org/colleges/suggester/

Otherwise, there is the option to make an open application.

You choose a college (or opt to make an open application) and if you are interviewed, you may get interviewed by your college of choice or interviewed by a different one if your college of choice is oversubscribed (and you may get second college interviews, but this doesn’t always happen).

After the interviews, you will have roughly a month’s wait for a decision. If you get an offer, you will get one of the following outcomes:

-You get an offer from your college of choice.

-Your college of choice was oversubscribed or you were “pooled” after interviews and you are instead given an offer from another college and that is where you are guaranteed a place subject to the offer conditions.

-You get an open offer underwritten by another college and there is no guarantee which college you will end up at as vacancies at other colleges are yet to open up.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending