The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham with A*AA?

Hi everyone, I would love to study PPE at Durham and am working on getting my predicted grades moved up from AAA to A*AA (fingers crossed). If all goes well, would my application be put at a disadvantage if I simply meet the A*AA grade requirement, and not exceed it? Thank you
Original post by GlitterFairy1234
Hi everyone, I would love to study PPE at Durham and am working on getting my predicted grades moved up from AAA to A*AA (fingers crossed). If all goes well, would my application be put at a disadvantage if I simply meet the A*AA grade requirement, and not exceed it? Thank you

Are yiu entitled to a contextual offer as PPE was AAA contextually...
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I don’t believe I’ll apply if my grades remain at AAA as I’m not entitled to a contextual offer. I’m asking about if my grades become raised to A*AA, will I still have a fair chance at getting in if I meet and don’t exceed the required grades?

Original post by Anonymous
Are yiu entitled to a contextual offer as PPE was AAA contextually...
I don’t believe I’ll apply if my grades remain at AAA as I’m not entitled to a contextual offer. I’m asking about if my grades become raised to A*AA, will I still have a fair chance at getting in if I meet and don’t exceed the required grades?

There is of course a chance, as there is a reason they set them as their entry grades. However, I’m not sure anyone can really tell you how likely it is you will get an offer as it depends on a variety of factors such as the quality of your personal statement and how many applicants they get.

Hiya

Your application will not be at a disadvantage if you don't exceed the entry requirements. They are just a threshold that you have to meet and that is enough to be considered for a place. The outcome will obviously depend on how strong your application is overall and the level of competition in the application cycle.

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest