The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

How to start the personal statement?!?!
I feel like I know the key things to include in it but I'm not 100% sure on structure? (Applying for Geography)
I've also looked at exemplary statements but I still have no idea what to open with - I don't think I have an interesting anecdote or revelation moment like many of the examples!
Reply 1
Original post by tillie06
I feel like I know the key things to include in it but I'm not 100% sure on structure? (Applying for Geography)
I've also looked at exemplary statements but I still have no idea what to open with - I don't think I have an interesting anecdote or revelation moment like many of the examples!

I started mine by talking about a place I had been! like if u have been to a mountain or a city or whatever just say u were in awe of it and it inspired u to do ____ a book etc. just write a line as ur intro before u write about the inspiration!!
Original post by tillie06

You don't need one.
Just start by describing what you enjoy about geography
For example, if you like physical geography, talk about what interests you about ir
Original post by BankaiGintoki
You don't need one.
Just start by describing what you enjoy about geography
For example, if you like physical geography, talk about what interests you about ir

This sounds right to me. Surely the reader just wants to get to the substance as they’re going through so many of these.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending