The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol university welcome week

Anyone know that if there is any event must attend during the welcome week?

I haven't got the accommodation yet and need to take few hours bus travel back to my aunt's place as the hotel here is too expensive during weekend.

Thanks for any insight!
Reply 1
Original post by meaningful
Anyone know that if there is any event must attend during the welcome week?

I haven't got the accommodation yet and need to take few hours bus travel back to my aunt's place as the hotel here is too expensive during weekend.

I would suggest that you definitely attend any event that's connected with registration (as that's a prerequisite for the university telling the student loans people that you're in attendance, and that's what triggers the release of your maintenance loan). Also, collection of your university ID card. These are both things that you will be able to do later, but at some inconvenience to yourself.

I'd also suggest that you attend any department-/course-based events, such as introductory lectures, building tours, meet-and-greet events, etc. These will be one-off events that won't get repeated -- and they're events where you will get to meet other students on your course.

Really, you'll need to look at your timetable for the week and make a judgement of your own on how essential each event might be.

Obviously you'll need to balance this with the need to find accommodation. You don't want to be in a position of having to do long commutes once teaching starts.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by martin7
I would suggest that you definitely attend any event that's connected with registration (as that's a prerequisite for the university telling the student loans people that you're in attendance, and that's what triggers the release of your maintenance loan). Also, collection of your university ID card. These are both things that you will be able to do later, but at some inconvenience to yourself.

I'd also suggest that you attend any department-/course-based events, such as introductory lectures, building tours, meet-and-greet events, etc. These will be one-off events that won't get repeated -- and they're events where you will get to meet other students on your course.

Really, you'll need to look at your timetable for the week and make a judgement of your own on how essential each event might be.

Obviously you'll need to balance this with the need to find accommodation. You don't want to be in a position of having to do long commutes once teaching starts.

Thanks for your advice!🙏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending