The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

What is the student culture like at bath

I hold an offer at bath and I am wondering what the vibe of students and the culture is like. Are there different cliques and types of students here, is is easy going, quite etc?
Thanks 😊
Original post by scfc05
I hold an offer at bath and I am wondering what the vibe of students and the culture is like. Are there different cliques and types of students here, is is easy going, quite etc?
Thanks 😊

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer!

In terms of the vibe and culture bath has a bit of a mix. Compared to other universities, Bath tends to be on the calmer side in terms of nightlife and parties. However, the university hosts its own student club nights as well as having a couple clubs in the town and Bristol is right around the corner so there is always something to join in on when you want a night partying.

The types of students are again quite mixed. Bath has a lot of different people from different places including a lot of international students is there is a big mix of cultures and lifestyles. Although it may not be as high as Bristol, diversity at bath is constantly increasing and the university is extremely welcoming to people from all walks of life.

In terms of cliques, you could compare this to societies. Bath has a huge number of societies to join, from sports to arts to cultures etc. these societies usually host their own socials and events for people to mingle and make friends and get into the uni vibe. however, the societies often mingle and host socials altogether especially the sports who have their own club night every week (which is open to everyone).

Overall, bath is a pretty chill university. In comparison it’s probably quieter than most universities (and smaller) but there is always something to do/get involved in.

Hope this helped
- Sophie (uni of Bath)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest