The Student Room Group

How do you make angel delight?

I tried making the strawberry one the other day but it was like yogurt, I thought it's supposed to be a mousse. Its probably because I only added a cup of milk not 300ml and whisked it for too long and left in fridge over night because I checked it after 5 mins but it didn't look any different so I left over night, next day there was no change it turned out like creamy yogurt not a mousse although it tasted good I was disappointed with the texture. I brought the chocolate one too but I don't want to mess it up. I don't want to have a creamy chocolate yogurt I want a chocolate mousse 😤
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymusy
I tried making the strawberry one the other day but it was like yogurt, I thought it's supposed to be a mousse. Its probably because I only added a cup of milk not 300ml and whisked it for too long and left in fridge over night because I checked it after 5 mins but it didn't look any different so I left over night, next day there was no change it turned out like creamy yogurt not a mousse although it tasted good I was disappointed with the texture. I brought the chocolate one too but I don't want to mess it up. I don't want to have a creamy chocolate yogurt I want a chocolate mousse 😤

i usually put a bit less milk than they say because i want it thicker. also whisk it so its airy/moussey
Reply 2
Less milk

Caramel is my favourite
Reply 3
Original post by mymelo
i usually put a bit less milk than they say because i want it thicker. also whisk it so its airy/moussey

Thanks, I mixed it for ages but it didn't get thicker/moussy just stayed like yogurt texture so I'm guessing it was because of all the milk I added. I'll try again with less milk.
Reply 4
Original post by Cote1
Less milk

Caramel is my favourite

Thanks, I'll add less milk next time!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymusy
Thanks, I'll add less milk next time!

I think it is called butterscotch
Reply 6
First you need a time machine to take you back to the 1980s or whenever
Reply 7
Original post by Cote1
I think it is called butterscotch

I haven't seen that one, they only had strawberry and chocolate in the store I went to.
Are you using the proper Angel Delight mix or supermarket own brand?
Reply 9
Update: I tried making it again but chocolate this time. It was the right texture, was a mousse but was too rich for me and I felt sick after a few bites. I think it needed a bit more milk as I put in around 20 table spoons 😅 Third time lucky?

Quick Reply

Latest