The Student Room Group

Is oxbridge actually worth it?

ignore this!
(edited 2 months ago)
Worth is in the eye of the beholder, so for some it will def be worth it, for some it def won't be worth it, and many others will be indifferent or sit between these two! All opinions are valid and have merit, so long as they're based on informed opinion/evidence.

Not too sure about your Etonians point: my understanding is that Brampton Manor have got more students in than Eton in the past few years (I def saw a headline or two about more Brampton Manor offers than Eton offers!). I can see things from your perspective on many of your other points, though.

Personally, as a state schooler who went to Oxford from a very poor family (I'm told I'm not working class, but I went to Oxford on the maximum £10K bursary at the time!): I didn't have as good a time as I could have, but I have no regrets and believe it was fully worth everything. I wouldn't change a thing about my experiences there :nah:
Reply 2
Oxford at least is not overrun with Etonians, it's an old trope that hasn't been true for at least 20 years.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending