The Student Room Group

Oxbridge

I didn't know which forum to put this conversation in.

Has anyone been on the Target Oxbridge programme? If you have, could you explain how it is like and what you do (I have read the website, but it would be nice to hear from someone who has actually experienced it). Also, is the programme online or do you have to go to Oxbridge for each of the sessions? Does it span over 12 months? Is it worth it?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by TwisterBlade596

Has anyone been on the Target Oxbridge programme? If you have, could you explain how it is like and what you do (I have read the website, but it would be nice to hear from someone who has actually experienced it). Also, is the programme online or do you have to go to Oxbridge for each of the sessions? Does it span over 12 months? Is it worth it?

Hey, I am on this year's cohort so I am in y13. I would say it has been a beneficial and rewarding program, definitely apply! They provide you with invaluable support with personal statements, and support with applications, as well as allowing you to broaden your horizons to applying to Oxbridge if it is something you have never considered before. We had a residential in the easter term of Y12 to one of the two universities, as well as day visits to Oxford/Cambridge and the mentors give you support year round with what you need. It really bridges the gap between BAME students and seemingly unfamiliar settings like Oxbridge and help you realise and most importantly, capitalise, on your potential. I am currently waiting on the outcome of my applications, but regardless, I would definitely recommend it!
Original post by TwisterBlade596

it's defo worth it! i'm in the yr13 cohort too and i don't think i would have considered applying to oxford if i wasn't a part of it. i've met some super great people on the residential that we went on in yr12, and im still in contact with some of them to this day. it really helps you realise that oxbridge is not unattainable for bame students and that we NEED to occupy spaces like these. A lot of it is a mix between online and in person events. They offer guidance with personal statements, interviews and submitted work. especially with personal statements, they don't force you to do anything, instead they make sure that your voice and personal interests come through, your niche is defo encouraged and nurtured. Your main contacts will be super kind and helpful too. Trust me, it so refreshing and inspiring to be surrounded by sm black excellence all the time! Literally couldn't recommend it enough, no bs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending