The Student Room Group

Reached HL grade requirements but is my overall too low?

I'm looking to apply to uni for 2024 after a gap year and am looking at course requirements. I got 766 for my HLs which meets/exceeds the requirements for all my chosen unis but my overall score is 35, a point off of the requirements stated for a couple of my options. I'm not aiming for Oxbridge or anything similarly prestigious, I know they'd be a lot harsher on grade requirements (might still apply for a laugh to get my money's worth lol). Does anyone have any knowledge of how this is handled?
Reply 1
usually if u applying with the actual grades they a bit more lenient unlike applying with predicted grades ygm
Reply 2
Original post by elz_delz
I'm looking to apply to uni for 2024 after a gap year and am looking at course requirements. I got 766 for my HLs which meets/exceeds the requirements for all my chosen unis but my overall score is 35, a point off of the requirements stated for a couple of my options. I'm not aiming for Oxbridge or anything similarly prestigious, I know they'd be a lot harsher on grade requirements (might still apply for a laugh to get my money's worth lol). Does anyone have any knowledge of how this is handled?

It is actually quite hard to say. It depends on how competitive the courses are. Also, if your 35 comes mainly from academic scores and not because of TOK/EE, and you have grades 5 and above (no 4s), you will stand a better chance. You're thinking of applying anyway, and you have 5 choices.
Just contact the unis to ask directly. In some cases this would be an automatic rejection, so you may save yourself a wasted choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending