The Student Room Group

post-exam uni acceptance fear

i've finished my ib exams, and i want to look forward to the summer but i'm so terrified about results. i need 38 points, with 666 @ hl to get into my firm university, and i'm so scared i won't be able to. higher biology, geography and maths were quite difficult! does anyone know of any acceptance loopholes, or how to stop stressing? i panic every time i think about the exams or the 6th of july.
I get that waiting for exam results can be stressful. Many of us are all in the same boat.
It's important to remember that worrying excessively about the outcome won't change the results. Instead, try to focus on the things you can control and take steps to manage your stress.

On results day, assuming that you're not talking about Oxbridge or Imperial, your firm might accept you anyways if you get a slightly lower score than their offer.

Keep things in perspective, and remember that your exam results do not define your worth as a person. They are just one aspect of your academic journey. Regardless of the outcome, there are always many paths in life, so try to stay open-minded.

Right now just distract yourself by doing activities that divert your attention. Focus on hobbies, or planning enjoyable activities for the summer. Keeping yourself occupied can help take your mind off the results.

Remember, you have already completed your exams, and now it's time to relax and enjoy your summer. Try to embrace the present moment and have faith in your abilities. Whatever the outcome, you will find a way forward and create opportunities for yourself.

Best of luck, and I hope you have a wonderful summer!
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your reply, it helped me a lot! I was actually talking about Oxbridge, but no matter now as I was able to get in! If you're also waiting for results, good luck and well done! Thank you again.
Original post by Potted_Plant
I get that waiting for exam results can be stressful. Many of us are all in the same boat.
It's important to remember that worrying excessively about the outcome won't change the results. Instead, try to focus on the things you can control and take steps to manage your stress.

On results day, assuming that you're not talking about Oxbridge or Imperial, your firm might accept you anyways if you get a slightly lower score than their offer.

Keep things in perspective, and remember that your exam results do not define your worth as a person. They are just one aspect of your academic journey. Regardless of the outcome, there are always many paths in life, so try to stay open-minded.

Right now just distract yourself by doing activities that divert your attention. Focus on hobbies, or planning enjoyable activities for the summer. Keeping yourself occupied can help take your mind off the results.

Remember, you have already completed your exams, and now it's time to relax and enjoy your summer. Try to embrace the present moment and have faith in your abilities. Whatever the outcome, you will find a way forward and create opportunities for yourself.

Best of luck, and I hope you have a wonderful summer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending