The Student Room Group

EPQ and extra alevels

Do unis actually take note of EPQs and also extra a-levels, cuz on ucas it only says to put in three a-levels?
Reply 1
Yes, I would say universities value EPQs. Some unis may usually require you to get AAA grades in your A-levels but if you get an A in your EPQ they can reduce your requirements to AAB. Hope this makes sense
Reply 2
Original post by ichmielowiec
Do unis actually take note of EPQs and also extra a-levels, cuz on ucas it only says to put in three a-levels?

EPQs:
Some do, it depends on the uni. If the uni makes offers in terms of tariff points then yes as the EPQ is worth tariff points. Also some unis make reduced offers if you do well in your EPQ (like an A or B dependant on the university). Out of my 4 offers only 1 made a reduced offer based on my EPQ (Bath). I also applied to Cambridge and they didn't acknowledge it within their offer.

Extra A Levels:
Some unis will give you 2 offers if you do 4 A Levels (Like AAA or AABB for example) but unless you actually enjoy all 4 subjects and are willing to put the work in into getting good grades it's a waste of time as you can get into any uni with 3 A Levels (including Oxbridge). Having a 4th subject won't make your application more competitive unless it's relevant and you excel in all 4.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending