The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Official York St John University Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official York St John University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to York St John University.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official York St John University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to York St John University.

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Hi!!

I'm Rachel and I currently attend YSJ as a 3rd year Primary Education student! Our next open day will be on November 18th which you can sign up for on our website: Open Days | York St John University (yorksj.ac.uk). If anyone is concerned about the application process, or is unsure about something, I would be very happy to answer any questions that you have.

University is an exciting new chapter in life but admittedly a little nerve-wracking at times so all questions are welcome!

Good luck to everyone going through the application process right now- I hope you find the right fit for you!

Rachel- YSJ student rep :smile:
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Hi there,

Applying for BA Music
Attending open day this month
Excited to start university
Original post by Hamish MacLeod
Applying for BA Music
Attending open day this month
Excited to start university

Hi there,
We are looking forward to meeting you. We hope you have a great experience at YSJ!

Sophie (student ambassador)
Reply 4
Hi there,

Hi! I've submitted York St John as my firm choice university, hoping to study biomedical science in September. Attending decision day 17th February! :smile:
Original post by JessYoung0406
Hi! I've submitted York St John as my firm choice university, hoping to study biomedical science in September. Attending decision day 17th February! :smile:

Hi Jess! Biomedical science sounds amazing! We look forward to meeting you at our decision day 🙂 hopefully you get a good look around our beautiful campus.

Thank you for sharing :smile:

Rachel (student rep)
Hi!
I am a second year English Language and Linguistics student here at YSJ. I have also just returned from an exchange semester abroad. I am happy to answer any specific questions about my experience or any general YSJ questions you may have!
Faye :smile:
Reply 7
heyy, i’ve received and offer for LLB law!! I’m planning on living home since i live about 5 min drive away from the university so im worried it’ll be harder to be involved and make friends etc. However, i love the campus and hopefully meet my conditions!
Original post by rrryub
heyy, i’ve received and offer for LLB law!! I’m planning on living home since i live about 5 min drive away from the university so im worried it’ll be harder to be involved and make friends etc. However, i love the campus and hopefully meet my conditions!

Hi!
Congratulations on your offer! Although I cant speak from personal experience, I am confident you will make friends while commuting. I made most of my friends either through my course or part time job or extracurriculars, all of which you will have the opportunity to do regardless of where you are living. Especially as you have mentioned you live 5 minutes from campus meaning you will not have long commutes that massively restrict you time wise.
I hope this was encouraging! Let me know if you have any questions at all!
Faye :smile:
Original post by rrryub

Congratulations on your offer! I don't think it should be difficult making friends especially since you live so close to the university. Initially people will make be more likely to make friends through flat mates in freshers week but I personally have found that students find their friends through their course-mates or through societies which I would really recommend. Hopefully you really enjoy your experience at the university!

Good luck!
Rachel- student rep
Original post by rrryub

Hi, I am currently a 2nd year Law student at YSJ and I am loving it. The staff are very nice and helpful. Personally I have had no issues making friends on the course so don't be afraid to approach people. I have made more friends through my society as they share a similar interest with me outside of studying. Just get involved and don't be afraid to start the conversation. I hope you succeed in your exams!!!

Sophie (Student Ambassador)
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 11
Original post by rrryub

Hii! I've got my place for law confirmed at YSJ for 2024. I'm going to be staying in accommodation however I'm still nervous about making friends so if you'd like to get in touch let me know!
Reply 12
Anyone have offer for Criminology?
Reply 13
Original post by Katikin

Hii! I've got my place for law confirmed at YSJ for 2024. I'm going to be staying in accommodation however I'm still nervous about making friends so if you'd like to get in touch let me know!

Heyy! YSJ is my 2nd choice, UoY if my 1st, but i’d still love to get in touch!
Reply 14

I will be there too it’s also my firm choice
Reply 15
Original post by Katikin

ive got a place for english and history! slightly different subject but could be in the same ish area!! message me if you want!
Reply 16

Hey! I’m hoping to study biomedical science too with York St John being my top choice atm x
Original post by 53layla
Hey! I’m hoping to study biomedical science too with York St John being my top choice atm x

Did you go to decision day yesterday? x
Reply 18
Did you go to decision day yesterday? x

No wish I did but couldn’t! Only one I can is the one in May😫
How was it? x
Original post by 53layla
No wish I did but couldn’t! Only one I can is the one in May😫
How was it? x

It was good!! The course looks so cool! x

Quick Reply

Latest