The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Official Heriot-Watt University Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official Heriot-Watt University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Heriot-Watt University.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
Reply 1
I'm late to the game as I was waiting ages for my reference letter. Finally submitted my UCAS application on the 13th of Jan. Curious how long it's taken others to get offers/ rejections!
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Original post by vispa
I'm late to the game as I was waiting ages for my reference letter. Finally submitted my UCAS application on the 13th of Jan. Curious how long it's taken others to get offers/ rejections!

Hi!

Honestly, it's been ages for me so I can't really remember the time frame however the uni guide has this great page which outlines the key dates for you which might help (https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/ucas-application/ucas-deadlines-key-application-dates#:~:text=April%2DJune,be%20sent%20on%20to%20universities)

In the meantime, it's just waiting and getting ready for exams. Waiting for a response is hard - I remember I'd log onto UCAS every day to see if I've had a reply - but if you have any questions in the meantime about Heriot-Watt or student life at uni in general feel free to ask 🙂

I hope this might help a bit!

- Jessica
2nd year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
Reply 3
Original post by vispa

It actually didn’t take that long for mines only 2 weeks and I know quite a lot of people have got their offers now so you will probably get it sooner!
Reply 4
Hi, I received a conditional offer for Mechanical Engineering and Energy Engineering, subject to me providing evidence of my qualifications. Will I only need to submit these if I accept the offer, or should I upload them anyway before I make my decision?
Original post by calmc05
Hi, I received a conditional offer for Mechanical Engineering and Energy Engineering, subject to me providing evidence of my qualifications. Will I only need to submit these if I accept the offer, or should I upload them anyway before I make my decision?

Hi,

Congratulations on your offer - that's amazing!!!

We advise that you upload that now so you can receive your unconditional offer then if you accept it in the future it'll all be a lot easier.

If you have any more questions about the process [email protected] are there to help and if you have any questions about student life here feel free to ask and I'd be happy to help!

- Jessica
2nd year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
Hi! Just received two unconditional's for a bachelor's and masters degree in software engineering. I'm looking to move into accommodation from Glasgow. Just looking to find anyone on the same boat as i can't really find any gcs. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest