The Student Room Group

Highers and Uni Choices

hi forum,
just got my higher results last week tuesday and they went better than expected! I got all A's in Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Chemistry and Business Management. I'm applying to study computer science at uni

I was initially going to apply to Heriot-Watt as one of my options but with my grades, I believe I can apply to a more competitive one.

In Scotland, I'm going to apply to Edinburgh and St Andrews but not sure if I should do a 3rd scottish one or 2 scottish and 3 english as I'm not really a fan of Glasgow City.

some guidance would be appreciated!
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by _tjola7
hi forum,
just got my higher results last week tuesday and they went better than expected! I got all A's in Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Chemistry and Business Management. I'm applying to study computer science at uni

I was initially going to apply to Heriot-Watt as one of my options but with my grades, I believe I can apply to a more competitive one.

In Scotland, I'm going to apply to Edinburgh and St Andrews but not sure if I should do a 3rd scottish one or 2 scottish and 3 english as I'm not really a fan of Glasgow City.

some guidance would be appreciated!

Congratulations on your brilliant results.

I have a few questions :smile:

It sounds like you're making an application now you have your results? Are you looking begin in September or defer and start in 2024?

Have you looked at the university clearing pages for the unis you have mentioned? Are you all signed up to UCAS with a Clearing number?
Reply 2
hiya, thanks so much for the kind words :smile:

I'm in S6 so I'll be applying in October since I'm an early bird applicant. I hope to begin in September 2024

Yes, I'm all signed up to UCAS and currently working on my personal statement
Reply 3
Original post by She-Ra
Congratulations on your brilliant results.

I have a few questions :smile:

It sounds like you're making an application now you have your results? Are you looking begin in September or defer and start in 2024?

Have you looked at the university clearing pages for the unis you have mentioned? Are you all signed up to UCAS with a Clearing number?

I'm in S6 so I'll be applying in October since I'm an early bird applicant. I hope to begin in September 2024

Original post by _tjola7

Super - you sound well ahead of the game :five:

Have you considered open days? It is definitely worth visiting the uni and attending the computer science presentations - just so you get a flavour of what uni life will be actually like and whether the course offered really appeals to you.

Similarly - take a look at a couple of English unis. Apply for the ones you would genuinely like to to attend and can see yourself being happy there.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by She-Ra
Super - you sound well ahead of the game :five:

Have you considered open days? It is definitely worth visiting the uni and attending the computer science presentations - just so you get a flavour of what uni life will be actually like and whether the course offered really appeals to you.

Similarly - take a look at a couple of English unis. Apply for the ones you would genuinely like to to attend and can see yourself being happy there.

Thank you! I visited the Edinburgh open day in June and plan to hopefully do the same for St Andrews.

I'll definitely do more research into English unis that have the course on offer.

Thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending