The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Official Bournemouth University 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Bournemouth University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

Hi. I'm looking to study Operating Department Practice (ODP) at Bournemouth. I'm studying A Levels in Biology, Law and Politics as well as an EPQ :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
hi
I've applied to msc medical imaging
Reply 3
Hey I am going to uni of bournemouth to study psychology, is anyone else?
I have been trying to reset the password that was given to me, by using the instructions listed in the email however no matter what password I input in the the new password section. It doesn't change the password due to not reaching corporate password policy even though it does.
Original post by Iosifina05
Hi. I'm looking to study Operating Department Practice (ODP) at Bournemouth. I'm studying A Levels in Biology, Law and Politics as well as an EPQ :smile:

Hey, have you sent off your UCAS application back and if so have they got back to you?
@courtneymaedoyle

Hi, yes they have. I had my interview back in December and got an offer. If you want any advice, I'm happy to help :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
@courtneymaedoyle

Hi, yes they have. I had my interview back in December and got an offer. If you want any advice, I'm happy to help :smile:

Hi! Well done! Yes any advice would be much appreciated x
Original post by courtneymaedoyle

Hi. Thank you! I'll give some more general tips and then specifically some ODP ones (I obviously can't give you the actual questions though) since I don't know what you've applied for.

General:
- Be professional, they are really nice but obviously it's still an interview
- Prepare potential answers in advance, you don't need to of have memorised exactly what you are going to say but having some idea about what you're going to say is really useful and should hopefully calm your nerves a bit
- Have a think about your strengths and weaknesses that are relevant to the degree you're applying for, maybe have a conversation with someone close to you about it if you're struggling
- Be prepared for technical issues. There were issues with the ODP interviews when I did them and they said on the introduction before the interview that those doing paramedic science interviews also had massive issues. Do not panic! When I did it, they had a tech support which was really useful and just let them know your having difficulty. They won't hold it against you and if it's really bad, they'll just reschedule it for another day
- If there is an introductory session, go to it
- If there is pre-interview task, actually do it. They will ask you about it and whether you've done it.

ODP specific:
- Actually know the role of an ODP. I was told at one of the open days that a lot of people they interview just think its another nursing role - It's not. I think it's Angela Ruskin (Sorry, I've not spelt that right) University has a really detailed article on it that I'd recommend
- Make sure you are asked about placement locations. They forgot to ask me in mine until I asked about them at the end of the interview
- Have a question or two to ask at the end
- Think about the qualities you'd need as an ODP
- Definitely try to do a mock interview beforehand, especially if you haven't had one before

Just make sure you really want to do what you're applying for and you know what it entails. Hope this helps, if you've got any other questions then feel free to ask. Good luck!
Hi. Thank you! I'll give some more general tips and then specifically some ODP ones (I obviously can't give you the actual questions though) since I don't know what you've applied for.

General:
- Be professional, they are really nice but obviously it's still an interview
- Prepare potential answers in advance, you don't need to of have memorised exactly what you are going to say but having some idea about what you're going to say is really useful and should hopefully calm your nerves a bit
- Have a think about your strengths and weaknesses that are relevant to the degree you're applying for, maybe have a conversation with someone close to you about it if you're struggling
- Be prepared for technical issues. There were issues with the ODP interviews when I did them and they said on the introduction before the interview that those doing paramedic science interviews also had massive issues. Do not panic! When I did it, they had a tech support which was really useful and just let them know your having difficulty. They won't hold it against you and if it's really bad, they'll just reschedule it for another day
- If there is an introductory session, go to it
- If there is pre-interview task, actually do it. They will ask you about it and whether you've done it.

ODP specific:
- Actually know the role of an ODP. I was told at one of the open days that a lot of people they interview just think its another nursing role - It's not. I think it's Angela Ruskin (Sorry, I've not spelt that right) University has a really detailed article on it that I'd recommend
- Make sure you are asked about placement locations. They forgot to ask me in mine until I asked about them at the end of the interview
- Have a question or two to ask at the end
- Think about the qualities you'd need as an ODP
- Definitely try to do a mock interview beforehand, especially if you haven't had one before

Just make sure you really want to do what you're applying for and you know what it entails. Hope this helps, if you've got any other questions then feel free to ask. Good luck!

Original post by courtneymaedoyle

Hi!
Jumping on this thread as I see we have been mentioned 👀
As mentioned by user losifina05, we do have several student articles regarding to Operating Department Practice.
For example, we have
BSc Operating Department Practice - Top 5 Books and Resources
A day in the life of an ODP student: Night shift on anaesthetics placement
ODP Skills Labs
Life as an ODP student
And a more specific article: The role of the Operating Department Practitioner
Let us know if there’s anything else 😊
Hi everyone!
What course are you applying for? Business Management
What subjects are you studying now? Business, Nutrition and Spanish
Hi!
I've applied for a masters course and didn't recieve any response yet. I've sent emails about it and they keep responding that my application is still under process.
I have another friend who is in the same boat
I just wanted to know if anybody who applied for a masters course received an offer or still waiting for it.
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Bournemouth University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

anthropology and archeology
im currently studying : history, psychology & sociology
Original post by cecilia666-
anthropology and archeology
im currently studying : history, psychology & sociology

Good luck with your application! :biggrin:
Hi guys, I live relatively close to Bournemouth so if you have any questions about the place itself feel free to ask
Hi I am in my gap year going to study law in September.
At A level I studied Law, Business and WJEC Criminology.
I have a question anyone here looking at staying in the Student Village?
Original post by Anonymous
I have been trying to reset the password that was given to me, by using the instructions listed in the email however no matter what password I input in the the new password section. It doesn't change the password due to not reaching corporate password policy even though it does.

email them about it and they'll change the password for you
anybody who applied to a masters course for sept 2023 intake?
(edited 1 year ago)
I’ll be studying law in Sept 🕺🏻
omg!! I'll be going for anthropology and sociology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending