The Student Room Group
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

Arts University Bournemouth Clearing 2023

This is a thread to discuss Arts University Bournemouth for Clearing 2023.

You can find their current course listings here >>

Find other Clearing discussions here on TSR >>

You can find more support in our Applications, Clearing and UCAS forum.

Good luck with everything!
Hello!

We’re here to help with any questions or concerns you might be having at this time. Everything from how clearing works, how to apply through clearing and what it’s like to study with us at AUB. Anything you need either reply to us here, send us a DM or get in touch with [email protected] via email and we'll be happy to help put any worries to rest!

Some useful links for you:
Our main Clearing page: www.aub.ac.uk/clearing
Clearing form: www.inspired.aub.ac.uk/form/Clearing23?_ga=2.113242124.907630089.1688980877-953192586.1688980877

Wishing you the best of luck,

AUB ☀️
(edited 9 months ago)
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website
Original post by Arts University Bournemouth – Uni Rep
Hello!

We’re here to help with any questions or concerns you might be having at this time. Everything from how clearing works, how to apply through clearing and what it’s like to study with us at AUB. Anything you need either reply to us here, send us a DM or get in touch with [email protected] via email and we'll be happy to help put any worries to rest!

Some useful links for you:
Our main Clearing page: aub.ac.uk/clearing
Clearing form: inspired.aub.ac.uk/form/Clearing23?_ga=2.113242124.907630089.1688980877-953192586.1688980877

Wishing you the best of luck,

AUB ☀️

if you put www. in your links then TSR will turn them into proper clickable links.
If you don't want to use www. in links then you can do it manually using [url ] tabs (without the space)
Original post by PQ
if you put www. in your links then TSR will turn them into proper clickable links.
If you don't want to use www. in links then you can do it manually using [url ] tabs (without the space)

Oops! Really good to know, thank you!
Original post by Arts University Bournemouth – Uni Rep
Oops! Really good to know, thank you!

hii
I've applied for the animation production, but not through clearing. However I'm worried I won't get the grades as I was in a really really bad spot these past few years.
I just wanted to know if applying through clearing would help my chances at all, or if applying through clearing now would overwrite my original application or anything.
I really hope my grades won't get in the way of my application. I've got really bad test anxiety with exams and had a family member pass away, on top of a lot of things at home that I've had to deal with. If there's anything else I can do to better my chances I'd love to know them as working on animation production is something I have really always wanted to do?

So like yeah. I was just wondering if applying through clearing is the best choice? I've tried to look into it but I really can't get my head around it. Sorry, and thank you so so much
Original post by Anonymous
hii
I've applied for the animation production, but not through clearing. However I'm worried I won't get the grades as I was in a really really bad spot these past few years.
I just wanted to know if applying through clearing would help my chances at all, or if applying through clearing now would overwrite my original application or anything.
I really hope my grades won't get in the way of my application. I've got really bad test anxiety with exams and had a family member pass away, on top of a lot of things at home that I've had to deal with. If there's anything else I can do to better my chances I'd love to know them as working on animation production is something I have really always wanted to do?

So like yeah. I was just wondering if applying through clearing is the best choice? I've tried to look into it but I really can't get my head around it. Sorry, and thank you so so much

If you’re not in clearing then you can’t apply through clearing. Filling in a clearing form when somewhere is your firm choice is a waste of time.

Clearing matches unplaced applicants with courses with vacancies - it’s not for applicants who have a firm choice (unless they’re rejected in which case they need to apply to OTHER universities/courses with lower requirements)

If you have extenuating circumstances then you and your school/college should write to your universities to explain that (and ideally should have applied to the exam boards too)
hii

Hello!

If you’ve already applied with us then clearing might not be for you at the moment, but hopefully we can still put some of your worries to rest in the meantime!

We can’t make any promises, but generally if an applicant doesn’t quite meet their entry requirements, our Admissions team will assess the application holistically. We look back at the interview feedback, personal statement, reference, portfolio and any additional information that was submitted to support your application. This is done on a case-by-case basis, but we endeavour to make adjustments where we can.

That being said, if things don’t go to plan for you on the day, then you can always apply through clearing.

If you have any concerns, you can always get in touch with our Admissions team at [email protected] who will be happy to help answer any questions you might have.

We hope this helps,

AUB ☀️
Hi
Would I still need to have a portfolio prepared even for clearing ?? Especially for a course like Animation Production?
Hi
Would I still need to have a portfolio prepared even for clearing ?? Especially for a course like Animation Production?

I would expect so for animation
Hi there!

A lot of our courses do require a portfolio for Clearing. You can find more information about out portfolio guidelines here https://aub.ac.uk/apply/portfolios?_ga=2.1007670.626045892.1692257044-308283532.1692257044

We hope this helps! Best of luck with your Clearing journey!

AUB
Hi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending